Referring to @realDonaldTrump as "unqualified" @capgaznews could end badly (again).http://t.co/SnsooKxcN6— Jarrod W. Ramos (@EricHartleyFrnd) September 16, 2015
|Here is a screenshot in case the original gets deleted|
As you can see from his twitter home page, which as I write this is still up, this account dates from November 2011, meaning it wasn't just put up for this shooting. He says:
Dear reader: I created this page to defend myself. Now I'm suing the shit out of half of AA County and making corpses of corrupt careers and corporate entities.
He also gives a link to this court filing. We can see from this that his twitter handle is the guy he is suing, and his address [402 Armstrong Court, Apt. B, Laurel, MD 20707] as well as the defendant [Capital-Gazette] leaves little doubt that this is the right Jarrod W. Ramos.
He also seems to have picked up on the "Fake Media" meme. In one tweet he calls a journalist a "fake reporter:"
and in another he refers to the Capital Gazette as "fake watchdogs:"
I'm still at work. When I have a moment I will fill this story out with some of President Trump's many attacks and threats against what he calls "fake media," but those are already so well known that that probably isn't necessary. The facts are still coming in, and the authorities haven't officially named a shooter yet, but word on the street is that is is this Jarrod W. Ramos, and if that is the case, President Donald Trump has blood on this hands tonight.
Also yesterday the Southern Poverty Law Center [SPLC] posted this:
Also Observer reported:
Milo Yiannopoulos Encourages Vigilantes to Start ‘Gunning Journalists Down’
By Davis Richardson
26 June 2018
Milo Yiannopoulos has started issuing reporters threatening messages when asked to comment for stories.
“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,” the right-wing nationalist told Observer over text message, in response to a longer feature in development about an Upper East Side restaurant he is said to frequent. More...
This is an old list of times President Trump has called "FAKE NEWS" compiled by AXIOS:
President Trump first tweeted the words "fake news" on December 10, and since then has lobbed accusations of "fake news" (or more often "FAKE NEWS") over Twitter 66 times, referring to everything from the salacious Russia dossier to a lack of coverage of his crowd sizes.
Everything Trump has labeled fake news to July 9, 2017:
- Jan: Trump calls the salacious but unverified allegations in the dossier "FAKE NEWS - A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!"
- Jan: Trump accuses "crooked opponents" of belittling his victory with "FAKE NEWS."
- Jan: Trump chides intelligence agencies for allowing "fake news to 'leak' into the public."
- Jan: "Totally made up facts by sleazebag political operatives, both Democrats and Republicans - FAKE NEWS!"
- Jan: Trump tweets that "a couple of FAKE NEWS organizations" were at his first presidential press conference.
- Feb: Trump accuses the "FAKE NEWS media" of making up stories and sources.
- Feb: After a day at CPAC, Trump tweets: "FAKE NEWS media knowingly doesn't tell the truth. A great danger to our country."
- June: Trump says that if he had relied on "the Fake News of CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, washpost or nytimes" he wouldn't have been elected.
- Jan: Trump says CNN is "in a total meltdown with their FAKE NEWS."
- Feb: Trump claims Bernie Sanders was cut off on CNN "for using the term fake news to describe the network."
- June: After three reporters at CNN resign, Trump tweets that "Fake News CNN is looking at big management changes," and asks when other outlets will be "caught cold" — "they are all Fake News!"
- June: Trump labels the NY Times "A Fake News Joke."
- June: Trump goes after Amazon (over "internet taxes") and the Post ("FAKE NEWS"), all in one. Both are owned by Jeff Bezos.
- June: After a twitter-attack on TV hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, Trump says "low rated @Morning_Joe" is "FAKE NEWS."
- Feb: In response to reports that Steve Bannon is pulling the strings in the White House, Trump tweets that he calls his own shots, and "some FAKE NEWS media, in order to marginalize, lies!"
- Feb: Trump says not to believe the "main stream (fake news) media," and that the White House "is running VERY WELL."
- Mar: After a series of stories describe dysfunction in the White House, Trump denies the rumors in a tweet saying not to believe the "FAKE NEWS" media. "We are getting along great, and getting major things done!"
- Apr: Trump says: "Anybody (especially Fake News media) who thinks that Repeal & Replace of ObamaCare is dead does not know the love and strength in R Party!"
- May: Ahead of the House vote on repeal and replace, Trump says the "Fake News media" will "do or say anything in order to get attention."
- June: The day after meeting with GOP Senators at the White House over the new health care bill, Trump assures followers that he is "totally engaged in healthcare," contrary to what "some of the Fake News Media likes to say."
- May: After a week of Russia-related stories, Trump says the "leaks coming out of the White House" are fabricated lies made up by the #FakeNews media."
- May: Following bombshell Russia reports Trump tweets, "#FakeNews is the enemy!"
- May: Trump suggests that Russian officials "must be laughing" at the way "a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News."
- June: The morning of Jeff Sessions' testimony, Trump says the "Fake News Media has never been so wrong or so dirty."
- Jan: Trump takes credit for companies adding jobs in the U.S., calls reports saying otherwise "FAKE NEWS."
- June: In two tweets, Trump lists "great economic news since Election Day" that the "#FakeNews MSM doesn't report."
- Feb: Trump thanks Australian P.M. Turnbull for "telling the truth about [their] very civil conversation that FAKE NEWS media lied about."
- Feb: After receiving criticism for seeming to falsely suggest Sweden had been hit by a terrorist attack, Trump tweets that "the FAKE NEWS media is trying to say that large scale immigration in Sweden is working out just beautifully. NOT!"
- May: Trump says the "Fake News Media works hard at disparaging and demeaning" his use of social media because "they don't want America to hear the real story!"
- June: After getting criticized for attacking London's mayor in the wake of a terrorist attack, Trump tweets thatthe "FAKE MSM" was working hard to get him off of social media.
- June: "The Fake News Media hates when I use what has turned out to be my very powerful Social Media...I can go around them."
- June: After congressional elections in South Carolina and Georgia, Trump tweets that "those that want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN are 5 and 0" while the "Fake News....= 0."
- Jan: Trump calls a CNN report that he will continue working on The Apprentice as president "ridiculous & untrue - FAKE NEWS!"
- Feb: Trump accuses "the FAKE NEWS media" of refusing to acknowledge the "big crowds of enthusiastic supporters lining the road" in Florida.
This database lists 320 times President Trump has called "FAKE MEDIA" in the year before 16 January 2018. How many times since?
Syria is the Paris Commune of the 21st Century!